Journal3, Webp no support in Safari and LSCache

serpent_driver

if in .htaccess exist rule(s) with attribute [L] then all rules after this rule NOT WORK.
This is not completely correct. The [L] flag only stops rewrite processing, but doesn't stop processing at all like [END] flag depending on httpd.conf. Only rewrite rules are affected, but you are right to place cache rules at the very top of .htaccess.

serpent_driver

Sorry, this is nonsense. HighRes Images means much more data size to transfer and a lot of rewrite cache rules to differentiate devices. Your strategy for best performance of your shop isn't really logical. With LiteSpeed and Lscache you get the best instruments, but you distroy it with useless gimmicks, that doesn't help for selling.

AndreyPopov

HighRes Images means much more data size to transfer and a lot of rewrite cache rules to differentiate devices.
and what?
I began this project in March 2019 on Apache platform. Hoster provide LiteSpeed (OpenLiteSpeed) platform only in April 2020.
I only try optimize exist project to new environment.
environment that promise "best perfomance".

HighRes Images for Retina display(Macintosh) is standard feature of Journal theme.

serpent_driver

HighRes Images for Retina display(Macintosh) is standard feature of Journal theme
It doesn't matter if it is a standard feature or not or LiteSpeed or Apache or whatever, but it is not a must have feature, so you could use it, but you don't must. Basically Retina display is not made for HighRes images. It increases screen resolution for better reading of text, so you don't need any functions to make your shop Retina ready.

There are two big problems you don't understand:
- Retina display can only be detected with Javascript. To detect it with Javascript page must be requested first and .js must be loaded from server to the client, but this process is too late. To get it work like you believe webserver needs Retina information with the first request, to tell the server: "Hey, I have a Retina display. Send me HighRes images and optimized CSS for my display." But no device with Retina display sends this infomation. That means, everything what you have done is useless and without any sense. You can use Retina support of Journal, but there is no need trying to detect for Retina.

AndreyPopov

There are two big problems you don't understand:
You can use Retina support of Journal, but there is no need trying to detect for Retina.
you do not want understand that I NOT trying detect because Journal3 use it's own detection algorithm based on UA.
if Journal3 detect Macintosh in UA then provide HighRes images.
even if I use standard resolution images in /image/catalog/ then Journal3 convert they to highres (3626x937) in /image/cache/catalog/

if not use rewrite rule for Macintosh UA then lscahe first send standard resolution image from main cache and later send highres image by request.

serpent_driver

Either we are in a loop or you don't want to understand why you can't detect Retina display. Also Journal can't. To me, Journal doesn't detect Retina display, it detects screen resolution by CSS media queries, but not for HighRes images.

AndreyPopov

Either we are in a loop or you don't want to understand why you can't detect Retina display. Also Journal can't. To me, Journal doesn't detect Retina display, it detects screen resolution by CSS media queries, but not for HighRes images.
may be you don't want to understand that I NOT TRY DETECT Retina display?!?!?!?!!?

Journal by Macintosh in UA or by CSS send highres images. understand?
Journal send highres jpg/png images for Safari browser and highres webp images for Chrome.
I only add rewrite rule for lscache that lscache make copy of cache for highres images for Macintosh in UA.

AndreyPopov

Of course, there is support in lscache for webp images, but you don't want to have this solution. You asked for Retina detection.
ok. begin from start

Journal have DIFFERENT VIEWS for these devices with different image resolutions:
1. for windows/linux desktops and notebooks (1812 pixels + desktop menu)
2. mobile phones (906 pixels + mobile menu)
3. tablets (906 pixels + desktop menu)
4. OS X desktops and notebooks (3624 pixels + desktop menu)

are you understand?