Removing Unused CSS Code

Hello,

I'm trying my best to optimize my website for performance and the PageSpeed Insights tool of Google showed me that there is a lot of unused CSS code which hinders page load.

It's the CSS file at the bottom: https://prnt.sc/sei0ps

Do you have any idea if this is normal and should be this way or some settings need to be changed?

Last edited:

serpent_driver

The problems you have to optimize your website is not only unused CSS. It is starting from overdozed code in your template and ends with oversized images. If your are not a developer, search for WP plugins they can optimize your page and/or use optimize functions in LiteSpeed plugin for WP.

The problems you have to optimize your website is not only unused CSS. It is starting from overdozed code in your template and ends with oversized images. If your are not a developer, search for WP plugins they can optimize your page and/or use optimize functions in LiteSpeed plugin for WP.

What do you mean by oversized images? The applied scalling of the images is too big?

serpent_driver

Yes, of course. If you delete css file your theme will break, but removing css will not improve load time. CSS are not too big. Reduce the number of fonts, store them on your server and not at Google. Removing Facebook Like will also reduce load time. With this you can improve load time up to 50%.