LSLB for Zope/Zeo server?

Hello,

I'm looking for a load-balancer/webserver to use in front of a ZEO-cluster. The cluster is made of 2 Zope-Instances using the same database managed through ZEO. Zope has a build-in webserver (the ZServer) which is listening, in this case, on 2 different ports. So I will need a load-balancer to spread the incoming requests across the two instances.

My question to you is now: Is LSLB the right product for me? I do think so, but does it have the same features to work also as a webserver like LSWS. And does LSLB have the same updates like LSWS, when LSWS is updated?
The LSLB product has also no multiple CPU pricing? Am I able to use this product on 2core-machine?

thanks in advance!
Frank

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Since ZServer provids a standard web server interface, LSLB can work with them very well.
LSLB only do load balancing to backend node, it will not serve static content like LSWS does.
LSWS have the same auto update feature like LSWS. You can use it on 2core-machine without any problem.

>LSLB only do load balancing to backend node, it will not serve static content like LSWS does.

hmm, I'm using a workaround to bypass Zope/ZServer for images and other large files. They are served with Apache from a subdomain, so Zope is relieved from handling them, which speeds-up execution and reduces database size...

For this configuration (runs on one machine) I will need a webserver in front of the ZServer. Do you think the following pattern can be realized? Or is there any alternative with LSLB/LSWS?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Yes, you can use LSWS or any web server in front of ZServer for serving static content, apparently, LSWS is highly recommended for this role. ;)