Large downloaded zip files are invalid

Hello,

I'm not too technical but trying to find my way around. My photography business started offering downloads from photo galleries hosted on my website. They range 2-6 GB in size (can't be partitioned). The previous shared hosting wouldn't handle it so I migrated to VPS on a LiteSpeed Enterprise server.

I was told to increase Max Dynamic Response Body Size to 5-10 GB to allow such files to download. It helped! However, only files around 1.5-2 GB open fine while 4-6 GB give me "invalid or damaged" error. Is there another setting I should adjust, please?

AndreyPopov

I was told to increase Max Dynamic Response Body Size to 5-10 GB to allow such files to download. It helped! However, only files around 1.5-2 GB open fine while 4-6 GB give me "invalid or damaged" error. Is there another setting I should adjust, please?
on what OS and what file system you try download file?

AndreyPopov

OS and file system doesn' matter in this case if he use LiteSpeed web server (LSWS or OLS).
why?

LSWS or OLS only store files in ext3/ext4 or other linux based file system.

but when you downloading on client device, even if you say to save on drive with unlimited free space,
client device download file by dropped chunk parts to temporary location!
after end of file download, OS move file from temporary location to place what you choose.

and you must sure that:
- drive where temporary folder located have enough free space
- file system of drive where temporary folder located support file bigger than 2GB
- temporary folder have not inode or quota limits

why?

LSWS or OLS only store files in ext3/ext4 or other linux based file system.

but when you downloading on client device, even if you say to save on drive with unlimited free space,
client device download file by dropped chunk parts to temporary location!
after end of file download, OS move file from temporary location to place what you choose.

and you must sure that:
- drive where temporary folder located have enough free space
- file system of drive where temporary folder located support file bigger than 2GB
- temporary folder have not inode or quota limits
Andrey, thank you for your reply. I believe I'm on an unmanaged VPS, CentOS with Linux. I'm not sure where to look for those requirements that you mention. Is there any chance you can lead me there? Спасибо!

AndreyPopov

http://ethicanet.sitesteaders.com/docs/ServTuning_Help.html

Max Request Body Size
Description: Specifies the maximum size of a HTTP request body. 1GB is the hard limit.
Your swapping space must have enough free space.

and what php_memory_limit ?

I hope upload_max_size also have corresponding value?
my hoster sets limit to 1000MB.

Max Dynamic Response Body Size
Description: Specifies the maximum body size of a dynamically generated response. Hard limit is 2047MB.

if I right understanding: Hard limit - you cannot download file by HTTP protocol large than 2047 MB?

Last edited:

serpent_driver

A scraped copy of https://www.litespeedtech.com/docs/webserver/config/tuning/#maxDynRespSize

if I right understanding: Hard limit - you cannot download file by HTTP protocol large than 2047 MB?
Don't know the details, but I know that providing sources for Download with such big size often fails due to the nature TCP. There is a high risk that packets are lost while download. @ZorzStudios should find an alternative way for Download. Torrent or a splitted .zip archive?