Prestashop cache plugin

wanah

Alot of our customers host Prestashop websites with us.
Prestashop's built in cache only works for small sized shops and the full page cache plugins are complicated to implement.

We currently promote, WP WooCommerce, Magento and Prestashop and have cache plugins for the first two. It would be very nice to have optimal Litespeed cache with ESI support for Prestashop too.

We know you have instructions to use cache manually on Prestashop websites but it's not very efficient and the rules need to be changed for each shop as the URL's change in each language and shop configuration. This is not easy enough to implement.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
You just asked at the right time. I'm about to release the first version of ESI enabled prestashop cache. Actually available today. This cache plugin will only support PS 1.7. Initial version will only work for built-in modules for ESI block. If the store has other private blocks introduced by third party modules, I need to take a look and integrate.
Are you able to get a test store? I mean not production, a staging site to try this first?

wanah

Wow, that's great news !
I can set up a test store with the default Prestashop data, but don't have a full prestashop website to play with.
When it's stable enough with documentation about adding ESI support to 3rd party modules, we will be able to work with customers to make their Prestashop website compatible.

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
what serious issues do you mean? From other plugins? Should be ready next week. If you pm me your email, I can add you to slack.

hi Lauren,

i mean if someone logout , previously viewed pages will continue to show as user is still logged in.
if you add to cart a certain product and go back to a page before, cart will show zero items.
if for example you have 3 items in your cart and visiting cart/checkout, go back to a different page and say adding a product, go to cart/checkout again it will show only 3 products instead of 4...

basically every page you revisit wont show updates of cart/login or out...

sure, ill pm you now
p.s:
i currently have a 1.7 test store with lite + .htacess defined as the guide posted on litespeed if you want to have a look by yourself..

Thanks

also, i must say that i really looking forward to it as for now tests, lite cache is reducing almost 2 seconds from loading time, and bringing it to 1.75