Magento 2 community edition

I tried to make a new installation of Magento community edition on Open Litespeed, but I'd to wake up, because your wiki pages are outdated, while describe installation of version 1.9.x and there's not anymore that repository for 1.9. Wget shows me 404 error response. Thereafter, I downloaded it (you need to log in to their website, if you wanna download any version of Magento), unzipped and uploaded through Putty and the rest was made accordingly to your wiki pages. I tried to install Magento CE 2.1.3, however, I can't install it with it.

I've already installed Osclass (very easily in 2 minutes in total) without any documentation as well as Wordpress, but PHPBB forum with your update : )... Everything is running on Open Litespeed, but Magento is that ugliest nut, which I've ever tried. Magento CE 2 was like my nightmare.

I seem to think that this can be worth for you to update it, because just Magento users are those capable to pay for your pro version of Litespeed.

Warm regards

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Hi,

Sorry about your difficulties with magneto 2.
Have you tried install Magento2 with other web server before?
Can you tell us more about your difficulties with Magento 2?
There should not be any different in the level of difficulty between OpenLiteSpeed and our Enterprise edition.
Enterprise edition gives you Litemage cache acceleration, while it is not available with OpenLiteSpeed, that's the only difference.

Have you tried install Magento2 with other web server before?
Well, at the moment, It's installed on my localhost and running under Apache.

Hi,
Sorry about your difficulties with magneto 2.
To be a little bit more particularly accurate, I didn't have any one difficulty with Magento 2, merely with your outdated documentation.

Hi,
There should not be any different in the level of difficulty between OpenLiteSpeed and our Enterprise edition.
I lost any interest in Magento, since I realized it would cost a lot in the future. Prestashop is already installed on my VPS, but thnx a lot.
Prestashop will be more economical, so that problem with your outdated documentation is (for me) solved, however, if one of my customers would like to get his/her e-shop powered by Magento, then we are going to serve it by Nginx (there's a lot of documentation up to date).

Warm regards

Last edited:

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the difficulties you experienced for Magento 2 installation with openlitespeed. The wiki you referred to is for Magento 1.x installation. Magento changed ways of doing things and enforced the registration before downloading, hence you have to download from their website by logging in. We have updated it.

For Magento 2 installation, not sure what exact difficulties you experienced, but to me, most of the difficulties and much more requirements come from Magento 2 installation itself. You may experience the same issue when using other web server, such as apache. We have updated our wiki to include Magento 2 installation guide. Let's know if you have any questions.
http://open.litespeedtech.com/media...:Quick_Install_Magento#Magento_2_Installation

OpenLiteSpeed has better performance and easy to use user interface to make the configuration very easily. You don't need to remember all syntax to configure it. OpenLiteSpeed works very well with most of the applications, including WordPress/Woocommerce, Magento , Prestashop . LSCache should make your sites super faster. Try those out to see the huge performance difference. Nowaday, applications acceleration platform solution should be the key consideration to power your application, not just by web server itself, though LiteSpeed/OpenLiteSpeed Web Server itself is still on the top of the lines among web servers in term of high performance and very low resources usage.

Let us know if you run into any issues and our support team will be more than happy to assist you.

Last edited: