LiteSpeed VPS Edition

Just caught this on the site, so I may have jumped the gun but there is no way to actually order the VPS version?

I am very excited about this - does it differ greatly from the enterprise edition? (The compare link only shows the free vs enterprise edition).

I know several people who will be _very_ interested in this new edition (including me).

mistwang, Thanks for the replies. I look forward to the official release.

One question if I may, how will the cpu numbering work? For example I have single cpu VPSs and and quad core VPSs. Will there be one 'generic' of the VPS edition or different ones like the enterprise edition?

Sorry about the questions before it's released but I want to sort out my plans before ordering them.

Thanks.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Since there are php and mysql for most sites, the one cpu VPS license should be fine for the multi-core VPS, have no plan for multi-core VPS license yet, if there are demands, we can make it available with little higher price.

Multi-core VPS hosted on a busy server may not be like a real multi-core server that all cores are guaranteed to be available, so multi-core VPS license may be a waste.

I was told the VPS version would be available a while ago, what's the hold up? I do want to purchase, however the full enterprise version is extreme overkill in my situation, however I would like the benefits of the paid over the free. You have had the VPS and monthly license's coming soon for a while?

If I install the "free" version how hard is it to upgrade to the VPS version when it comes out?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
We are building our new online order system around modernbill, still get some problems. will be fixed soon.

To upgrade to the paid version, just run the installer and select upgrade, then hit "enter" a couple times.

Is there anyway to get access to the VPS version through another system? The biggest thing that is different that I want is 64bit support so I don't have to mess with the 32bit stuff in the free version, you don't support 64bit in the free.