I'm so confused...

AndreyPopov

@Lee max_execution_time - 300 !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

really? this is 5mins for ANY php script execution.

set in you cPanel max_execution_time to 3600 (or better to 7200 or 14400)

php memory limit you sets to 768 MB. try increase to 1536 MB

also check what session handler you use. like we discuss here. my advansed crawler not work correctly with file session handler

Last edited:

AndreyPopov

Last edited:

serpent_driver

I think you are a dreamer? ;)

There is no provider in this universe who allows a higher max_execution_timeout higher than 300s on shared hosting. The same with memory limit! If so nobody would pay for a dedicated server!

Lee

I've contacted A2 to upgrade from Turbo Max to their Mach 8 VPS. Paid for 5 years so I hope they will upgrade me!

I'm tired of a slow site, so I hope paying 5 times the money will help solve my issues once and for all, along with Cachecrawler!!!

serpent_driver

For developing I have the same. On this server I have around 10 different shops running. The biggest one is a Shopware shop, similar to Magento and this Shop has around 50,000 products. It is fast, really fast, so I think you don't need a VPS.

serpent_driver

So you're saying Turbo Max should be fast enough for me?
Yes and a dedicated server wouldn't make it faster, because your problem is not the server. Most of all requests come from external hosts like Google, Facebook and so on. Kick them off and your shop goes 3-times faster, atleast!!!

Lee

I got rid of the social media stuff and it still feels slow to me!

On PageSpeed it did go from 35 to 42 so that quantifies an improvement. PageSpeed always shows the same score whether my site is cached or not so they must be able to past caching...

Lee

Boy, I guess I have to dig deeper. I know inspectlet is there, that has really helped me design for mobile screens but I'll be removing it soon.

serpent_driver

Instead of inspectlet use Matomo and host it on your own server. Matomo is as good as Google Analytics. Host all fonts on your own server and not at Google.

Lee

When you have your crawler available I'll include some extra money for the time you have spent with me!

Thank you, I will look into Matomo.