How to fix letencrypt's "domain.com inaccessible, please verify" issue?

Unique_Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Hi

Please make sure your site is accessible first.

Code:
curl -I http://lister.lister-studios.com
curl: (7) Failed connect to lister.lister-studios.com:80; Connection refused
Code:
    raise errors.FailedChallenges(all_failed_achalls)
certbot.errors.FailedChallenges: Failed authorization procedure. lister.lister-studios.com (http-01): urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Invalid response from http://lister.lister-studios.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/fvKmnmn47_fnV31egbc0jqanK4cc_D6jqCqt9VSKd4I [45.9.63.109]: "<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html style=\"height:100%\">\n<head>\n<meta name=\"viewport\" content=\"width=device-width, initial-scale=1, shrink-to-"
Best

Hi! I just reset the whole vps and install the software one-by-one in case I made an error. That's why it's not reachable anymore. Sorry! I didn't think to get a reply. I'll update this thread once I'll know more. Also I realized that I posted to the wrong forum. I use OpenLiteSpeed. Should I head over to the other forum?

Max38

I have this same issue. I used one-click install on AWS.
Do you wish to issue a Let's encrypt certificate for this domain? [y/N] y
maxspeedwp.com is inaccessible, please verify!

I can get to the site in any way imaginable. It's been more than 24 hours and DNS has propagated globally.
One thing I noticed is that it says "Domain has been added into OpenLiteSpeed listener." but...
1598493260302.png
I don't think it's actually creating it.

Max38

Oh sorry, I should have returned to add that. I looked at the firewall in the EC2 Dashboard (Security Groups) and saw the traffic was not being allowed. I created rules for ports 80 and 443. After that it all went as it should. It's strange because I would have thought that would be automatic in the one-click script. *shrugs* Make sure you have these:
1598882659487.png

Unique_Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Glad to know you have it fixed.
The image should comes with all ports allowed when no security group detected, like this:
1598935671490.png
Unless the system auto assign one of your existing security group to your launch.

Best,
Eric

Max38

Glad to know you have it fixed.
The image should comes with all ports allowed when no security group detected, like this:
View attachment 2058
Unless the system auto assign one of your existing security group to your launch.

Best,
Eric
Well I consider it was a somewhat botched install anyway. Probably not the fault of OLS... but my own impatience. XD I'll be doing more anyway. I've done WP servers in several different ways trying to find the best solution. First one was a Bitnami WordPress image that totally sucked and was quite out of date - but most importantly baseline CPU usage was about 8 or 9x higher than the OLS image (bitnami was about 5-6% CPU at idle, OLS image was about .6%). And in the cloud that's super important. I also started with a base Bitnami Ubuntu image that was 18.04LTS, which is also old, and built the rest on top of that. Also not so great. Long store short (oops, too late!) the OLS image has been by far the best experience in ever way, and site performance using LS Cache and QUIC.cloud CDN of off the charts (easily get to or close to 100%100% on gtmetrix). I'm done with the experiments. This is my base image from now on.
Oh, and I want to thank you and the rest of the OLS team for all the help, and the work you guys do even for free users. I hope to be able to give back going forward.

I am having the same issue and I have double-checked and all my ports are automatically and manually open, yet I can't get past the Let's encrypt stage of the installation.

This is the third domain I've setup with AWS and Litespeed and I can't remember it being this difficult the other times.

Attachments

If you can visit it from your browser then it should pass. May I know the domain?
Hi Unique_Eric, sorry I have just seen your message. I am looking at this again today and running into the same issue, the domain is sportswear-designer.com and it is currently showing the HTTPS but I haven't been able to go through the let's encrypt process.