Does More Workers Means More Performance.?

Hello,

I just installing a litespeed web server enterprise 4 workers on my web server (vps). The vps has 24 core intel xeon proc and 94GB of RAM, using cpanel.
This web mostly has 5000 request per seconds on peak hour, i found that server load has start raising high. but still stable and operational.

My questions is, does more workers mean more performance by more workers will reduce more cpu load.?

Thank You

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
It depends on the traffic.
If server load is mainly contributed by PHP/MySQL processes, adding LSWS worker wont help.
Only when litespeed worker process' CPU usage is high, like over 50%, then you should consider adding more workers.
Usually, it will happen when server need to serve large amount HTTPS traffic from static contents.
With 24 core, your server is not considered as overloaded before load reaches 24.

It depends on the traffic.
If server load is mainly contributed by PHP/MySQL processes, adding LSWS worker wont help.
Only when litespeed worker process' CPU usage is high, like over 50%, then you should consider adding more workers.
Usually, it will happen when server need to serve large amount HTTPS traffic from static contents.
With 24 core, your server is not considered as overloaded before load reaches 24.
The traffic is pretty high on peak hour, on my google analytics shows around 5000 active real time access, sometimes more.
the main website and several subdomains on my server (running cpanel) are using https, is that can be considered serving large amount of https.?

with 24 core, at peak hour, here is the load level
1 Minute : 28.09
5 Minute : 23.88
15 Minute : 21.99

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
You will need to check litespeed process CPU usage to determine if you need more worker or not.

For general server load, please consider to enable cache for your domains.

You will need to check litespeed process CPU usage to determine if you need more worker or not.

For general server load, please consider to enable cache for your domains.
i saw on htop, litespeed process cpu usage are pretty low. its the mysql process consume more cpu resources.