Access Logging behind Load Balancer

We have a Litespeed web server cluster behind a Litespeed Load Balancer.
The Access log file in the web hosts only shows the IP address of the Load Balancer, as follows:

"10.152.nn.nnn - - [10/Mar/2020:15:25:10 +1100] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 404 1148 "-" "-" - -"

How do we configure the hosts / Load Balancer to allow the web hosts to capture the data of the Client visiting the web site?

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply - I had seen that article but thought it did not apply as we use the Load Balancer between Cloudflare and the hosts.
I tried the solution anyway, but it did not work.
The odd thing is that we have another load balancer/host cluster setup in an identical arrangement (running a different site) and on this site, the access.log file captures the client data perfectly.
I can't figure out what is different between the two setups, or what is stopping the access.log from capturing the client data.

KevinFwu

Administrator
Staff member
hotcopper,

Did you set it up the same way for the Load Balancer as well? Meaning the 'Use Client IP in Header for trusted IPs'?

The trusted IP list in the Load Balancer should be the CloudFlare IPs. The trusted IP list in the backend should be the Load Balancer's IPs, since they are the direct visitors.