Worker Processes & License question

Hello,

I have a publisher that I am migrating to Google Cloud on a VM instance with +/1 12cpu and 16gb memory as a setup.

The licence I need to pick needs to have unlimited RAM, I get that part, but the service worker is what I do not understand.

Will there be significant benefit to a website if I take a license with 2 worker processes or will that be a waste?

Thank you for the response PONG. The objective is to give the server as much power as possible when needed as it is an onlilne news publisher. They spike in usage for various reasons (not traffic as covered by CDN) so I really want to give them as much of the power as possible and for logged in users. The memory does not spike but the CPU does. I can always change the license, right? So I start off with the 1 service worker unlimited RAM and then switch to the 2 service worker package for a month to test. It is possible to upgraded/downgrade on the fly? Or would I need to change the IP address to change package?

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Litespeed doesn't user server much server resource. hence litespeed process CPU usage will normally be very low, and in that case, you only need one worker instead of two workers. from high level, I believe I already answered when you will need more workers, for example, you start with worker, and check top to see how many CPU usage for LiteSpeed, if not constantly over 60%, you don't need 2 workers.

makes no sense at all when to use and not use 2 workers. CPU usage, high = more CPU required, so not connected to processes. Anyway I will hope someone will answer with more in depth knowledge as to when to use 2 vs 1.