Will CP recognize a VH/Domain I set up through LSWS Admin?

I have a very solid tutorial I follow to set-up, configure, harden, and optimize a WP installation on LSWS. My question is this:

If I completely set up my website through the LSWS Admin back-end, when I log into CyberPanel after the setup is completed, will CP recognize the VH I've set up? Will I be able to manage it from within CP?

So ideally, I'd like to go through all the configuration steps for Ubuntu server and LSWS Enterprise server, and then log in to CP, configure the mail server, and install WP through CP.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
"If I completely set up my website through the LSWS Admin back-end," no, you can not do so. You will need to use Cyberpanel to create domain/virtual host.

That's what I did: set up through CP. Everything works perfectly, however, there are no virtual hosts or listeners listed (or configurable) in the LSWS Admin Console. So when I came to tweak the virtual host on the LSWS backend, it wasn't there to tweak.

It would be handy to be able to set everything up in CP and have some way of having the changes reflected in LSWS (or the other way around).

The reason? There's a lot of fine-tuning that can be done in the LSWS backend, and using CP takes the headache out of making a mail server (among other things). It would be great if the two could work together to some extent on the backend (LSWS & CP). Perhaps some kind of "scan for virtual hosts" functionality in CP.