snmp OID question

PSS

Sorry to bother again so soon :)

I'm working on making mrtg graph Litespeed data. All seems well, all Litespeed OID's return data with snmpwalk, like

Code:
[root@main snmp_monitoring]# /usr/local/bin/snmpwalk -v1 -c XXXXXXX localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.22253.310
SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.22253.310.1 = Gauge32: 0
I have inserted in mrtg.cnf

Code:
Target[litespeed.req_per_sec]: .1.3.6.1.4.1.22253.310&.1.3.6.1.4.1.22253.310:XXXXXXXX@localhost
Title[litespeed.req_per_sec]: Litespeed requests per second
PageTop[litespeed.req_per_sec]: <H1>Litespeed requests per second</H1>
MaxBytes[litespeed.req_per_sec]: 1000000000
ShortLegend[litespeed.req_per_sec]: req/s
YLegend[litespeed.req_per_sec]: Requests/s
LegendI[litespeed.req_per_sec]:
LegendO[litespeed.req_per_sec]:
Legend1[litespeed.req_per_sec]: Requests per second
Legend2[litespeed.req_per_sec]:
Options[litespeed.req_per_sec]: growright,nopercent,gauge
XSize[litespeed.req_per_sec]: 600
YSize[litespeed.req_per_sec]: 100
But mrtg gives error

SNMPGET Problem for .1.3.6.1.4.1.22253.310 .1.3.6.1.4.1.22253.310 sysUptime sysName on XXXXXXXX@localhost::::::v4only
at /usr/bin/mrtg line 2035

310 should be
"310" => "gauge,req_per_sec"
and not sysUptime sysName

I check it out with

Code:
/usr/local/bin/snmpget -v1 -c XXXXXXXX localhost .1.3.6.1.4.1.22253.310
Error in packet
Reason: (noSuchName) There is no such variable name in this MIB.
Failed object: SNMPv2-SMI::enterprises.22253.310
Usually I would include the required MIB in mrtg.cfg, like

Code:
LoadMIBs: /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/UCD-SNMP-MIB.txt,/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/TCP-MIB.txt,/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs/HOST-RESOURCES-MIB.txt
Now I do not know where to go from here, as the OID is passed to snmp with php and I have no clue why snmpget does not accept litespeed OIDs .1.3.6.1.4.1.22253.XXX

Thanks for any insight.

PS. I start to like Litespeed better and better every day. 20 days left to try it out and I already see its powers :)

PPS. I noticed that the enterprise tryout uses only one core. I gather this means you do not HAVE to buy the 4 core licence for Dual Woodcrests?

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I do not have a quick answer to your questions since we do not create a MIB for our SNMP stuff.
But there is a better solution, check out

http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:snmp_cacti_monitoring

It is recommended but you don't have to buy n-core license to match number of cores on your server. Matching license will bring the best out of your server especially when you need to serve a lot of static files. The trial license is a 2-CPU license. however, if you use it with cPanel, you need to add a listener binding to the specific IP address associated with your vhost and have "Process 1" and "Process 2" checked to really put the 2-CPU license to good use.

PSS

Thanks for your quick reply.

I probably need eventually to install Cacti although I am reluctant to use MySQL to anything else than serve vbulletin and other intensive databases.

I do not use any control panels. Does 4 CPU version help php parsing?