default settings

Mooru

I've installed litespeed at my server and i see that a lot of settings have different settings then the default settings are, while i didn't change these settings.
When litespeed is being installed does it customize the settings automatically based on the apache/cpanel configuration that is currently set ?

or are the texts at the questions marks that say "php suexec is by default NO" for example all outdated ? At my end php suexec is set on "home directory only" by default and "scan request body" is set YES at my end, while the question mark states its set on NO by default. More settings are set on different modes then the default settings at my end.

NiteWave

Administrator
1. in general, don't touch the default setting. already optimized at the time this binary of the release/build has published.

2. there may be very little changes if litespeed has detected popular control panel has installed, like cPanel / Plesk / DirectAdmin
When litespeed is being installed does it customize the settings automatically based on the apache/cpanel configuration that is currently set ?
-- so yes but not much

3. some of the texts at the questions marks may have been outdated.

if you have installed latest version of lsws, as an rule of thumb, don't touch any settings in web admin console, unless there is something mentioned explicitly in the document or you're very clear about what you have changed.