Auto update LiteSpeed Cache plugin in WHM

Hi folks,

I need information about auto update LiteSpeed Cache plugin in WHM not on users Wordpress.
I mean on this from LiteSpeed managment options, like from screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 12.40.33.png
In documentation, I found this:

Code:
cpanelplugin {--install | --uninstall | -autoinstall [{0 | 1}]}
    [cPanel/WHM Environment Only] Install or uninstall the LiteSpeed user-end
plugin for cPanel for all cPanel accounts using the '--install' and
'--uninstall' input flags. The plugin will appear as "LiteSpeed Web Cache
Manager" under 'Advanced' in the user's cPanel dashboard. The '-autoinstall'
input param can be used to check the current auto install status. When turned
on, the cPanel plugin will be automatically installed when installing/updating
the WHM plugin. Use '-autoinstall {0 | 1}' to manually turn this off and on
respectively.
but this only auto install LiteSpeed plugin on users wordpress installation, but I need update plugin from Managment.

How can I do that.

P.S. I have crons for auto update of LiteSpeed and auto update plugins but I don't know how to update this cache in management.

Thank you.

Michael A

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @petar_kozic ,

As of now there is no way to schedule auto-updates for our WHM plugin. Currently the latest version is bundled in with the latest LiteSpeed Web Server version but we are in the process of separating the two.

If an update is available to the WHM plugin, a banner will be displayed on the plugin's main page with an update button. Updating the WHM plugin will also update the LiteSpeed user-end cPanel plugin if you have it installed as they are bundled together.

The lscmctl script that you posted is a separate codebase from the WHM/cPanel plugin and will update automatically if a new version is available. This script can be updated with command
Code:
/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lscmctl --update-lib
In general I would not worry about auto-updating the WHM plugin as you need to access it through WHM to use any of it's code where an update message should be easy enough to notice. These plugins/scripts have no direct affect on site operation as they only provide management utilities.

Regards,
-Michael

Michael A

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Michael A
can you please tell me if something changed about auto update of Lite Speed Cache plugin?
Is that possible now maybe?

Thank you in advanced.
Hello again,

I think we do support what you are asking for at this point through our lscmctl script with command setversion --latest which can be called through a cron job to keep it set to the latest available version.

You can find more info in this and other lscmctl commands you may find useful here:
https://docs.litespeedtech.com/cp/cpanel/wp-cache-management/#cli

Hedloff

Tried running both these commands:
/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lsup.sh -f -v 6.0.11
/usr/local/lsws/admin/misc/lscmctl --update-lib

But in WHM it still shows version v4.1.6.3 while v4.1.6.3 is released?