403 Error previewing page with editor

I'm just starting setup on a new site. I'm working on the main page using Site-Origin page builder in WP.
When I open the editor and try to start working on the page, I click edit in the widget and the editor page comes up with a 403 error.
I'm somewhat new to some of this, but I've used the page builder app for over a year and I've never seen this
error before. Using an Envato Theme Forest theme template on this site.
I can add a new widget to a page and edit it, but if I edit the theme widget I get this error.

Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

Proudly powered by LiteSpeed Web Server
Please be advised that LiteSpeed Technologies Inc. is not a web hosting company and, as such, has no control over content found on this site.

Could this be a compatibility issue with the theme or something else?
Did I possibly miss something during setup or installation?
I'm also wondering if it could be due to a shared plan instead of a hosted plan?

I've also tried the WPBakery editor that came with the theme template and it gives the same results - just thought I'd throw that out there. Still no success - I cleared cache - changed firewall and security settings - no change.

Any direction or constructive comments are welcomed.

Thanks.
Mark

Last edited:
Update - when using the editor, I've made some successful changes. However, I tried to make a simple change to a page that I had already had success working on. All I did was center the text in the box and when I tried to either update or preview the page, the error would come up. Makes absolutely no sense.

I tried to see what was causing the error with this. I used the developer console on my browser to look at any issues – and this particular issue happens on any theme, with any page, on any text box or paragraph and only classic editor enabled – no other plugins enabled. When I opened the console on my browser, this is what I got:

“The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.”

Again, all I’m trying to do is center text in a paragraph.

Any thought are welcomed.

Problem solved – I reached out to the Hosting provider and here was the response I got. You were right NiteWave!

Per my check, the issue occurred because of ModSecurity. ModSecurity is an Apache module which works as a web application firewall. It blocks known exploits and provides protection from a range of attacks against web applications. However, sometimes, mod_security may incorrectly determine that a certain request is malicious, while it is actually legitimate. In such a situation, we can whitelist the triggered mod_security rule on the server, so that you can bypass the block. I will whitelist the rules and the issue should be resolved.

All good. Thanks for your assistance!