What is this? to_avoid_overwrite_important_env

Hi,

I'm seeing this pass by in the process manager:
"lsphp:XXXXXXXX.eu/private_html/wp-admin/admin-ajax.phto_avoid_overwrite_important_env"

Also had one such process hanging which needed to be killed manually.

Can't find anything about this on Google. Any ideas?
Thanks!

LiteSpeed Web Server Enterprise 6.0.11
For this user lsphp 7.4 (but also 8.0 and 8.1 is installed)
OS = CentOS7
Also DIrectadmin is installed.

I'm not sure what causes it. This is a recently launched new VPS. The users are moved from an older VPS (also running litespeed). They are moved via the Directadmin export / import function.

I have a feeling it has something do to "private_html". As that is not being used anywhere, but it appears in all affected urls.

All websites have "Use a symbolic link from private_html to public_html - allows for same data in http and https"
1639474604122.png

All process contain "private_html":

lsphp:lve12/domains/aaaaa.eu/private_html/index.phto_avoid_overwrite_important_env
lsphp:lve12/domains/aaaaa.eu/private_html/index.phto_avoid_overwrite_important_env
lsphp:e12/domains/aaaaa.eu/private_html/wp-cron.phto_avoid_overwrite_important_env
lsphp:aaaaa.eu/private_html/wp-admin/admin-ajax.phto_avoid_overwrite_important_env

lsphp:bbbbb/domains/bbbbb.nl/private_html/index.phto_avoid_overwrite_important_env
lsphp:bbbbbb/domains/bbbbb.nl/private_html/index.phto_avoid_overwrite_important_env

lsphp:eek:mains/ccccc.nl/private_html/index.phto_avoid_overwrite_important_env

lsphp:mains/ddddd.nl/private_html/wp-cron.phto_avoid_overwrite_important_env

Facing the same problem from today.

Server load increases A LOT and when I check it using htop, there are lots of this processes

Code:
lsphp:ains/mydomain.tld/private_html/index.phto_avoid_overwrite_important_env
I have DirectAdmin on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS with openlitespeed. All updated to latest version.

Sorry for the late reply, I did not receive an email notice of your reaction.

It seems it is not DA related. It also appears via SSH.

1639651088530.png

1639651136877.png

1639651262859.png

- I don't have permanently high CPU usage any more. (In the beginning when I noticed it I manually killed those processes).
- Server has memcached and redis installed.
- Some websites use the LSCache plugin, some don't, some have it installed but disabled.
- The main weird things are still the 'private_html', while that folder is not used. And the added text: 'room_to_avoid_overwrite_important_env'.

'lsphp:xpo/domains/xxxx.nl/private_html/index.ph_room_to_avoid_overwrite_important_env'

private_html is just a symlink pointing towards public_html. I think it just means the problem is coming on https version of the site.

The 'room_to_avoid_overwrite_important_env' string is not very helpful, and there is literally nothing in google about it.

I just installed memcached and enabled object caching in LSCache plugin for the problem site. And the CPU usage is still spiking, it goes up randomly for 20 minutes and then comes back to normal.

When the CPU usage is spiking I checked running MySQL queries and it had a ton of the following query

Code:
SELECT post_id FROM postmeta WHERE meta_key = '_wp_attached_file' AND meta_value = '%site-logo.png%'

It seems it is not DA related. It also appears via SSH
the output is from "top". but I never see such output in "top" or "top -c". any special on your "top"?

'room_to_avoid_overwrite_important_env' should come from the process's env.
just "cat /proc/pid_of_lsphp_process/environ", you'll see "leave_some_room_to_avoid_overwrite_important_env" there

the output is from "top". but I never see such output in "top" or "top -c". any special on your "top"?

'room_to_avoid_overwrite_important_env' should come from the process's env.
just "cat /proc/pid_of_lsphp_process/environ", you'll see "leave_some_room_to_avoid_overwrite_important_env" there
Is there anyway to see what php script lsphp74 is running from the process id?

I am using htop and lsphp processes have the to_avoid string at the end