SNMP/Cacti

ffeingol

Hello Guys,

Sorry to be a pain, but just trying to get all the pieces working. Last night I upgraded our PHP version and got LSWS/SNMP/Cacti working. Everything was going great. Then suddenly at 2:00 am the LSAPI: phpLsapi: Conn graph just stopped. In looking at the Cacti error log I see:

08/08/2007 11:05:18 AM - CMDPHP: Poller[0] Host[14] DS[139] WARNING: Result from SNMP not valid. Partial Result:

Host 14 and DS 139 is the LSAPI/phpLsapi/Conn graph. I'm not enough of a Cacti guy to dig into the OID that is being queried. Can go point us to the OID (or an OID where we can just dump everything from LSWS) and any pointers as to what to dig into. Since we've been having PHP related issues, we really wanted this graph to track things.

TIA,

Frank

ffeingol

Just an update on this one. I went in and deleted all the LSAPI graphs from this host (graphs and associated RRD's). On the device screen (in cacti) I clicked on "verbose query" under "Associated Data Queries". That came back with 4 items, 1 row. I'm once again able to graph LSAPI's but only the PHP's are showing. I've lost my proxy and I'm not sure that cgi ever showed.

The actual values on the graph seem a bit odd, but I'm going to let them run for an hour or so. If they still seem odd, I'll post a few of the graphs.

TIA,

Frank

ffeingol

OK,

I've attached a sample of the phpLsapi connection graph that just makes not sense to me:

- How can anything in the "now" column not be a whole number? Per the wiki it's a snapshot with the snmp query runs so it should be whole number?

- Something in the In Use Conn just seems wrong. I highly doubt that our max in use connections was 980,000. Because the max (seems wrong) the average is wrong.

I'm hoping I just set something up wrong.

TIA,

Frank

Attachments

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Frank,

We are going to install the latest cacti release tomorrow on our devel server and see if there are any compat issues with our cacti templates and snmp scripts. Will let you know what we find.