[Resolved] When Should i Build Matching LSPHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Not quite sure what you mean. You need to build matching PHP when you first install LSWS so that it has a PHP build to match your Apache PHP build. If you have EasyApache Integration enabled, it will automatically rebuild matching PHP every time your Apache PHP changes. If you don't, you'll need to rebuild PHP for LSWS (matching PHP) whenever you change your PHP build using EasyApache.

Was that what you are asking about?

m

semprot

Yes, that's what i ask about.

I have EasyApache in my WHM.

Do i need to do "Build Matching LSPHP" every :
  • I upgrade my litespeed version from WHM.
  • I upgrade my apache (even though apache is stopped).
  • I upgrade my PHP version.
  • I rebuild PHP (for example after adding some PHP modules).
Thank you,

Michael

Staff member
Ah. OK. LSWS's PHP needs to match Apache's PHP (the PHP you build with EasyApache).

If you have EasyApache Integration enabled, you only need to build matching PHP once. EasyApache Integration automatically builds matching PHP every time you change PHP (with EasyApache) after that.

If you do not have EasyApache Integration enabled, you need to rebuild matching PHP whenever you change your PHP.

Thus:
  • I upgrade my litespeed version from WHM. >>> No. PHP has not changed.
  • I upgrade my apache (even though apache is stopped). >>> No. PHP has not changed.
  • I upgrade my PHP version. >>>> Yes. PHP has changed.
  • I rebuild PHP (for example after adding some PHP modules). >>>> Yes. PHP has changed.
m

semprot

On litespeed WHM plugin, the button said "Disable EasyApache Integration", so it must be enabled now.

But i haven't done "Build Matching LSPHP" since i installed litespeed.
But it's strange, the litespeed has run for +- 2 days, and i have no error on my website.

However i will do "Build Matching LSPHP" once. :)

Thank you.

Michael

Staff member
Many methods of installing LSWS with the WHM Plugin (like using our auto-installer script) automatically build matching PHP when LSWS is installed. Building it again won't hurt, but it sounds like it was built when you installed.

m

Status
Not open for further replies.