New installation - 503 Service Unavailable

Hello all,

I've just tried my luck with deploying a rails app using Litespeed. Very easy to set up I must say, but I think I'm lacking the final glue to get it working right and I'm kinda stuck.

I've tested the app on Mongrel using script/server and it works as expected:

But when I try to load it up on Litespeed, it hangs for a few seconds and then displays this:

I've gone through a few other posts regarding the 503 error, but none seems to fit my particular situation.

Any helpful suggestions will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I can't believe I missed that.

I did some rollbacks on my virtual machine, guess I never got it with the second time around.

I will now put on my stupid-hat...

Ok, so far so good.

The page doesn't hang for a few seconds anymore, but it's still not showing the correct information:

By the way, the logs page shows these errors. I'm not sure if it is anything related to the problem:

My stderr.log shows the following:

Code:
2008-10-12 21:23:06.249 

ActionController::RoutingError (No route matches "/rails/info/properties" with {:method=>:get}):
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.1.1/lib/action_controller/routing/recognition_optimisation.rb:67:in `recognize_path'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.1.1/lib/action_controller/routing/route_set.rb:384:in `recognize'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.1.1/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:148:in `handle_request'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.1.1/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:107:in `dispatch'
    /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/thread.rb:135:in `synchronize'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.1.1/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:104:in `dispatch'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.1.1/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:120:in `dispatch_cgi'
    /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.1.1/lib/action_controller/dispatcher.rb:35:in `dispatch'
    /home/lsws/fcgi-bin/RailsRunner.rb:28
So I guess something is awry with the rails routes.

I hope the solution is not as completely obvious this time :)

Hmm, I'm not sure I completely follow...

Since it is working without any ado with WEBRick, shouldn't it just load up with LS as well?

Do I need to tweak any configuration elsewhere?

I have created a very simple scaffold, but when I try to access that as well, I just get the "We're sorry, but something went wrong." error message. And nothing shows up in the stderr.log this time.

I'm at a loss again...

Update.

Thanks for your help, but I think my patience has ended. I got up and running with Passenger instead. It just worked somehow.

Best regards,

Last edited: