LSCache expired early than cache PublicTLL settings!?!?!?! help explain and understand [SOLVED]

serpent_driver

hoster says: exist possibility of security breach because cache stored by web-server owner (not user account owner)
You should change LiteSpeed server version to LSWS and hosting with (almost) full access to server configuration. With LSWS only 1 click in LSWS admin panel must be done to change location of stored cache files.

Last edited:

serpent_driver

use lscache increase Google PageSpeed score
use lscache for "standard" Google Bots increase score on GSC's Page Experience
If Pagespeed score increases only if you make cache available for Google bot, there is something wrong. REALLY! There is no Google bot that measures the speed of your page. All data for speed calculation are based on data only coming from Chrome User Experience Report. Think about it, if you enable cache for bots and if score only encreases if cache is enabled for bots, that can only mean that something must be wrong if data for speed calculation can only come from Chrome User Experience Report.

If score decreases if you disable cache for bots that would mean you must have illogical cache varies or the order of defined cache varies is wrong and visitors that should get cached pages get non cached pages. Everything else is illogical! Gravity can't be overcomed! ;)

Believe me, I am working on and with LiteSpeed since many many years!

AndreyPopov

If Pagespeed score increases only if you make cache available for Google bot, there is something wrong. REALLY!
no!

if I write above for Pagespeed Google use Chrome-Lighthouse UA.

and I post screenshots where increase speed for Chrome-Lighthouse UA
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4695.0 Safari/537.36 Chrome-Lighthouse

for Page Experience in Google Search Console Google use standard Googlebot (Smartphone) UA
Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 6.0.1; Nexus 5X Build/MMB29P) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/41.0.2272.96 Mobile Safari/537.36 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)

AndreyPopov

You should change LiteSpeed server version to LSWS and hosting with (almost) full access to server configuration. With LSWS only 1 click in LSWS admin panel must be done to change location of stored cache files.
OLS also can set store path for lscache.
hoster promise implement this.

P.S. LSWS License cost ~$25 per month. I paid for hosting now on OLS $45 per month.

AndreyPopov

Believe me, I am working on and with LiteSpeed since many many years!
also Believe me.

I made deep investigation: "lscache and bots"
and found:
- bots not accept cookies
- lscache always try set _lscache_vary cookie for UA
- cache with _lscache_vary cookie and without _lscache_vary cookie are different copy of cache

developers agreed with me and add code to prevent set cookie for bots and rewrite rules for bot in .htaccess

serpent_driver

No, never ever!

I made deep investigation: "lscache and bots"
and found:
- bots not accept cookies
Google bot doesn't respect session cookies, but it isn't completely excluded, that Google accepts cookies. Anyway, why should bots support cookies and what should it good for related to LScache?! If you set nocache for bots and if you place this rewrite rule on top nothing else has to be defined to prevent that bots get cached pages. All rules after this will be ignored. This is simple Apache .htaccess rewrite logic.

- lscache always try set _lscache_vary cookie for UA
Never ever! If no such cookie is defined neither LScache nor anything else sets this cookie automatically. If it is set by cache plugin for your application, you can ignore it to make page not cachable for bots, but nocache rule for bots must be set on top.

- cache with _lscache_vary cookie and without _lscache_vary cookie are different copy of cache
Of course, but only if there is a cache vary defined. If there is no cache vary defined nothing will happen.

developers agreed with me and add code to prevent set cookie for bots and rewrite rules for bot in .htaccess
There are many "experts" in the Whole Wide World. Everyone knows it better than others. It is only a question of correct defined rewrite rules with correct order. If you want to prevent that bots get cached pages, define a rewrite rule with nocache and User Agent condition for bots and set it on top of all rewrite rules. Nothing else has to be done! Any rule after this, independently any cookie cache vary will be ignored.

AndreyPopov

If you want to prevent that bots get cached pages, define a rewrite rule with nocache and User Agent condition for bots and set it on top of all rewrite rules. Nothing else has to be done!
why no cache for bots?

I post GCS statistics with bad Page Experience results when no cache for bots.

I also means that not need cache for bots until Google changed rules to Page Experience and says 0% (zero!!!!) of Effective Pages

serpent_driver

why no cache for bots?
Why to waste resources if there is no advantage? You have a shared hosting with very limited resources, but you want to warmup cache for bots for 8.000 items?! Again, you don't get any advantage for whatever. Save resources for things you better should use for selling.

I post GCS statistics with bad Page Experience results when no cache for bots.

I also means that not need cache for bots until Google changed rules to Page Experience and says 0% (zero!!!!) of Effective Pages
Knock Knock! Is anybody at home?

When will you start to realize, that Google itself doesn't measure anything related to page experience?! All related data for page experience are only coming from clients. See links above. If you get bad score if you have disabled cache for bots there is something wrong with your cache varies.

Last edited:

AndreyPopov

SOLUTION:

- my hoster store lscache in his system space
- and delete(clean) lscache folder when he wants (because space overflow). unexpected for me
- hard and long discussion with hoster support and developer with pointing to OLS LSCache Docs to store lscache in different folders
- hoster enable possibility to store lscache in my account file system
I'm happy 10 days :) lscache after crawling work