LiteSpeed Web Server problem

Hello to everyone,

I have a wordpress plugin with multiple banks. each bank has a separate folder. I am using a structure like /myplugin/lib/bankname/mycompany_bankname.php (for CitiBank -> /myplugin/lib/citibank/mycompany_citibank.php etc.) i stored lib name (bank name) in the transaction table. After the user returns to the website after the 3d payment screen, I pull the lib name from the transaction table and call the bank's file again to confirm the relevant transaction.

Some of our customers using litespeed web server are having trouble getting paid. when i inspected the problem i realized it was a database error. Because most values are NULL in the transaction table so it gets Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'mycompany_' not found in /var/www/vhosts/xxx.com/httpdocs/wp-content/plugins/myplugin/myplugin.php:371

Does not correctly generate filename because it cannot find lib name in transation table.
Our customers using Apache server do not have such a problem.

I convey that they should use apache server. I haven't been able to fix this problem for a few months. can you help me ?

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
Do you use control panel such as plesk? If so, You can easily switch between apache and LiteSpeed. You can compare these two PHP to see if they are the same one.

from the log, it should PHP fatal error, If your apache and LiteSpeed have exactly the same PHP, it should not act differently. The statement "Our customers using Apache server do not have such a problem. " should be tested on the exact the same plesk server by switching between apache and LiteSpeed. Testing from two seperate servers is invalid since there are too many varibales especially php version, modules and settings.

Do you use control panel such as plesk? If so, You can easily switch between apache and LiteSpeed. You can compare these two PHP to see if they are the same one.

from the log, it should PHP fatal error, If your apache and LiteSpeed have exactly the same PHP, it should not act differently. The statement "Our customers using Apache server do not have such a problem. " should be tested on the exact the same plesk server by switching between apache and LiteSpeed. Testing from two seperate servers is invalid since there are too many varibales especially php version, modules and settings.

Hi,

In our customers who get this error, we just change the server software to apache and the problem is solved. PHP version and server configuration stay exactly the same. The strangest part is that when I try this process, I do not encounter such a problem. I set up a server with the same features, I couldn't catch this error.

I confirmed this issue when i checked with remote desktop connection. I told our client that he should use apache. they don't want to use it because apache is running slow. I haven't been able to find a solution for a few months.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
random error is impossible to do any troubleshooting. will need reliable steps to reproduce first. The error is PHP error, not web server error. It coincidently happened when running LiteSpeed but it doesn't mean it is litespeed web server related. You may need to find more information before we can start any investigation.

random error is impossible to do any troubleshooting. will need reliable steps to reproduce first. The error is PHP error, not web server error. It coincidently happened when running LiteSpeed but it doesn't mean it is litespeed web server related. You may need to find more information before we can start any investigation.
Customer feedback started in June this year. We received such notifications from more than 20 people in 1 month. The common feature of all of them is that they use litespeed web server. This issue is resolved when they change the server software. So i think it has to do with litespeed web server.

Pong

Administrator
Staff member
will need reliable steps to reproduce first, then you can log a ticket with your server ssh login for us to check.