Cannot enable gzip compression

it is still wildcard issue ,
I added
Code:
text/*, application/x-javascript, application/xml, application/javascript, text/css, text/javascript, text/js
and it started working , but still singeling out some files like style.css?ver=1.0.0

not seeing it as CSS

Last edited by a moderator:
Thnx for the reply!

yes the size is below 300B, one file js file has only this
Code:
{"fragments":{"div.widget_shopping_cart_content":"<div class=\"widget_shopping_cart_content\">\r\n<ul class=\"cart_list product_list_widget \">\r\n\r\n\t\r\n\t\t<li class=\"empty\">No products in the cart.<\/li>\r\n\r\n\t\r\n<\/ul><!-- end product list -->\r\n\r\n\r\n<\/div>"},"cart_hash":""}

and one css file is 186B

duhh! it says right there
Code:
http://prntscr.com/f4cppt
300B min

ok il change that and test but what about the wild card issue?

the original mime types are this
Code:
text/*, application/x-javascript, application/xml, application/javascript

meaning text/* ( any ) ,

if I leave the default css and js files are not gziped ,

so I had to add my own in order to get the css/js gziped

text/*, application/x-javascript, application/xml, application/javascript, text/html, text/css, text/plain, text/xml, text/x-js, text/js, text/javascript

NiteWave

Administrator
now I got clear about the issue.
I did a test on a 1.6kb litespeed.min-170317.css file ( can get it from https://www.litespeedtech.com/templates/litespeed/css/litespeed.min-170317.css)
Compressible Types is the default:
Code:
text/*,application/x-javascript,application/javascript,application/xml, image/svg+xml
(without text/css)
when I access it in Chrome, it shows:
Code:
Content-Encoding:gzip
Content-Length:9579
this is correct as expected.
so unfortunately I can't simply reproduce the issue you encountered.

Unique_Eric

Administrator
Staff member
Generally, if e.g. text/js can not find in
Code:
$SERVER_ROOT/conf/mime.properties
then text/* not include it, you still need to add by yourself.

In terms of availability, 7zip is widely available across UNIX (Linux/BSD/MacOS) and Windows systems. Therefore a zip file is highly portable. xz and 7zip are known to have a better compression algorithm than gzip, but use more memory and time to compress/decompress. when backing up I would recommend tar.7z as it has the highest compression rate saving you space but uses an extra program (7zip). .tar.gz will be larger files and do the same job, you could also use bzip (.tar.bz/bz2) although i'm not sure if that would suit you better as I use gzip or 7zip