Uploading Files

I'm running an art site, www.sheezyart.com, and some people when uploading get a 503 error, while others don't:

503 Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Powered By LiteSpeed Web Server
http://www.litespeedtech.com

I looked up the error on google, but that wasn't much help. Any suggestions?

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
Do they constantly get 503 error or randomly? during busy hour only? Any thing logged in the error log? Is "post_max_size" in php.ini large enough?
If you don't mind please post your phpFcgi configuration.

Best regards,
Lauren

The error log is completely empty. They get this all times when posting, while others do not. Post_Max_Size is set to 20M, so there's no problem there.

http://www.sheezyart.com/phpinfo.php

I think the person is still able to post, but when he goes to get a response, the browser gives a 503 error. I'll try to get more information.

Thank you,
Channel Cat

Lauren

LiteSpeed Staff
Staff member
Do you mean that the picture got posted actually, just he got a 503 error page? May be the PHP process crashed during post processing?
If possible, please setup another virtual host on a different port, enable debug logging for that virtual host, reproduce the bug and send us the log file. It probably is the best way to identify and fix the problem.

Maybe you should upgrade to PHP 4.3.9 with GD 2.0.28. :)

Lauren

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Channel Cat,

We have no problem with uploading that image onto one of our server.
Is there any operations on the image after it is uploaded, like creating thumbnail with GD, etc? I think PHP crashed during one of the operation, you probably need to write simple PHP testing code to find out the exact problem, start without any additional processing, then add one operation at a time.

Please let us know what exactly cause the problem after you find the answer. :)

Thanks,
George

Sounds like a good idea, I'll give ita try. The only reason i thought it might crash on yours too is because apache handles it fine, although i have different PHP/GD Image versions. I'll upgrade the PHP and GD image version.