Upload Progress Bar

robfrew

Is the upload progress bar working in the beta? If so, how do you use it or enable it? Can't see it anywhere. Thanks.

robfrew

We read somewhere else in the forums that you are no longer pursuing an upload progress bar with SSI. What is the latest on being able to use upload progress bars with the new release?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
No, we will cut the 4.0 release based on the beta3 since it has been pretty stable lately. This way, we will have a stable release with cache, shtml and mod_security 2.0 available for users. Other new features will go to 4.1 release which we will continue adding new feature without affect stable 4.0 release.

When will I have the ability to properly support the various progress bars in a production environment that people are trying to use, this is becoming a real issue for me as I continue to promise end-users that the functionality is on the way.

Also, as I can see it is now considered that disabling the response body caching will resolve this and allow it to work, what other adverse performance impacts will this have, and is this something that I will need to disable on the entire server? or is this something that could be managed through a .lsws type config file in the users home directory.

robfrew

When will I have the ability to properly support the various progress bars in a production environment that people are trying to use, this is becoming a real issue for me as I continue to promise end-users that the functionality is on the way.

Also, as I can see it is now considered that disabling the response body caching will resolve this and allow it to work, what other adverse performance impacts will this have, and is this something that I will need to disable on the entire server? or is this something that could be managed through a .lsws type config file in the users home directory.
The progress bar has been added in the latest 4.1rc1 release. We are using it on production servers with hundreds of thousands of users without any issues.

Hi chaps

anyone know of an upload script with progress bar that works with RFH?

tried aspupload but cant get it to work with asp.net, tried to google it but cant find anything recent for a solution.