Uninstall LiteSpeed - NOW RESOLVED - THANKS

If I choose to Uninstall LiteSpeed (as it has made my server run really slow) will ALL settings go back to a previous state and the server will run as it did before installing LiteSpeed?

Michael

Staff member
Hello Darren,

Yes. If you uninstall LSWS, all LSWS files will be removed (unless you check the box to keep your conf or log files).

You don't have to uninstall LSWS to switch your settings back, though. All your settings are switched back when you switch to Apache.

Cheers,

Michael

Michael

The system is now running 'very well' after the host rebooted my server and did a few tweaks so I am very happy that everything is now sorted and running (better) than expected :)

I did email earlier to ask what version would be running as the Trial version that I have installed...I am considering going for the ultra VPS or 1-CPU version.

Thanks

Michael

Staff member
Hi Darren,

Saw your email. Sorry for not replying sooner. The trial license is a 2-CPU license: http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:license:what_license_to_choose

If your VPS fits within the Ultra VPS RAM limits (8GB RAM), I would suggest the Ultra VPS license. (The only important difference between the Ultra VPS and 1-CPU licenses is the RAM limit.) The link above discusses license differences in detail.

Glad to hear you're enjoying LSWS. It would be great if you could update your other threads to say your issue has been resolved. (It would be even better if you could include how your host solved the issue, to the best of your knowledge. That might help other people on the forum.)

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Michael

I have 20Gb RAM and 6vCORES on a hybrid server, my RAM never really goes over 10% (at the moment) I am guessing that I can upgrade as required but will got for the 1-CPU for now if you think that will do the trick.

I will update all my other threads now (sorry had a melt down when I thought my server was corrupt)

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

No problem at all. We absolutely understand how that goes.

Check out the wiki I mentioned. It will explain this in more detail, but you're probably never going to need more than a 1-CPU license. (You don't qualify for the Ultra VPS, though, as you've probably figured out.)

Cheers,

Michael