Trying out LSWS - few questions regarding Cagefs etc.

Hi guys!

I'm currently on a trial license and everything seems to be going smoothly.

I have a few questions though:
1. When should I rebuild Cagefs skeleton? I do this when I change php config. Now with LSWS, what are the changes in protocols?
2. I'm quite confused with caching. Is caching disabled by default? How do I enable caching on a general level without changing codes or .htaccess files?

I haven't fully explored everything yet so I might be updating this thread for the next 14 days.

Hoping for your help.

Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the info, I will be reading on them.

I'm using LSWS with cPanel and installed through the Auto-installer. Can cPanel's PHP config editor still be used, or should I modify /usr/local/lsws/php/php.ini directly?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You should check which php.ini is used from a phpinfo() page output, and update that file. Also, if CageFS is used, you should update the php.ini inside the cage.

Thanks, was able to get it working.

I have used the auto-installer to shift from Apache, is it normal that under the Listeners and Virtual Hosting tabs, there are no entries? And my Server log viewer is not displaying anything despite that it says I have around 80mb worth of log entries.

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Yes, that is normal. LSWS is running from your Apache configurations. It is not using virtual hosts or listeners in LiteSpeed native configurations, but rather reading them directly from httpd.conf and other files. The same is true for the log viewer.

Cheers,

Michael

I'm ready to get an enterprise 1cpu license. however, afaik trial license is running on 2-cpu. should i be doing anything else after i switch license keys?

Michael

Staff member
You do not need to change any configurations, just be aware that LSWS will be running on one less core and that you will no longer have page caching (LSCache) available. You may not even notice the one less core, though. Just keep an eye on your server to see if having LSWS on one less core causes more load or slows things down at all.

Michael