[Resolved] MySQL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have been running LiteSpeed for a couple of months and everything is running very well.

My server has just advised that I need to update the MySQL server from version 5.1 to version 5.5 and then to version 5.6..this appears to be a straight forward process but I have a couple of questions regarding this and LiteSpeed.

As part of the mySQL upgrade the server is suggesting an 'Unattended Upgrade' where it will rebuilt Apache and PHP and also updates Ruby Gems...should I switch back to Apache server before updating the MySQL?

If I switch off LiteSpeed first and go back to Apache, when I switch over again do I need to do anything with LiteSpeed again, for example 'Build Matching LSPHP' ?

Lastly, I have the option to upgrade LiteSpeed to version 4.2.22 is it wise to do this AFTER I have upgraded the MySQL?

Many thanks

Darren

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
All you need is to "Build Matching LSPHP", cPanel easyApache will perform the upgrade, if you have "easyApache integration" turned on, the "Build Matching PHP" will be done automatically inside easyApache.

You can switch back to Apache before the upgrade.
It is a good practice to upgrade LiteSpeed to 4.2.22 later when everything works fine, only change one thing at a time.

Many thanks for your reply, so just to be clear:
  1. Switch back to Apache
  2. Upgrade the MySQL to version 5.5 then upgrade again to 5.6 (which is what they state I have to do, in that order)
  3. Then switch back to Litespeed
  4. Build Matching LSPHP
  5. Finally upgrade to Litespeed 4.2.22
Is that the correct order to do thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.