Setting up stats on a Load Balanced cluster?

Hi, I want to setup AWStats on my cluster but I've no clue how to setup the log files for a load balanced cluster.

I have a LS Load Balancer server and 2 LS Web servers.
Do I setup the load balancer to write the access logs or the web servers?

If it's the web servers, do they share a common log file on my storage server?

Thanks,
Matt.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
I think either way should work.
You probably need to manually setup awstats instead of using integrated awstats solution in LSWS.
You can try writing access log to the same location on your storage server from two web servers, it might work. we have never tried that before.

Ok, I'm going to try to integrate it. One thing I noticed in the log file generated with the servers behind the load balancer is that there are a lot of items that also point at the load balancer's local IP address as well as the outside IP. I've never used awstats before, so this will be a learning experience for me.

I'll post the results.

Well, after reading and finally understanding what is required, I came to the conclusion that I'd have to install a web server on my storage server other wise the templates will not work properly. Maybe I'm missing something?

I really think it was meant for a single server network.

I ended up using phpTrafficA which is by far the easiest anything I've ever setup. But I'm going to have "Hacker Safe" scan it before I go public with it.