Mod-Rewrite

I'm using the latest free litespeed 2, which is working great except for the htaccess

I cannot get the htaccess file working. I've tried everything from checking permissions of .htaccess to adding it to context. I would love to port my site over, but currently i cannot :(

I would be really great if mod_rewrite was internal, as i hope to use litespeed to keep my server alive when many people use it at once.

Here's a snippet of my .htaccess (I've tried using different combinations of it, none of which worked)

RewriteEngine On

#static redirects
RewriteRule ^logout[/]?$ /index.php?logout=true
RewriteRule ^search[/]?$ /index.php?act=art_search
RewriteRule ^forum[/]?$ /index.php?act=forum_main
RewriteRule ^updates[/]?$ /index.php?act=user_updates
RewriteRule ^inbox[/]?$ /index.php?act=user_inbox
RewriteRule ^outbox[/]?$ /index.php?act=user_outbox
RewriteRule ^inbox/success[/]?$ /index.php?act=user_inbox&action=success
RewriteRule ^inbox/compose[/]?$ /index.php?act=user_inbox&action=compose
RewriteRule ^settings[/]?$ /index.php?act=user_settings
RewriteRule ^gallery[/]?$ /index.php?act=art_gallery
RewriteRule ^online_users[/]?$ /index.php?act=users_online
RewriteRule ^comment[/]?$ /index.php?act=user_comment
RewriteRule ^emoticons[/]?$ /index.php?act=emoticons
RewriteRule ^stats[/]?$ /index.php?act=stats
RewriteRule ^my/journal[/]?$ /index.php?act=journal_edit
RewriteRule ^my/favorites[/]?$ /index.php?act=user_favorites
RewriteRule ^my/watch[/]?$ /index.php?act=user_watch

I've spent hours and hours (even tried getting squid working as an alternative), and I'm about ready to rip my hair out on this one!

Any help is GREATLY appreciated

--Channel Cat

--Edit
I was able to get it working FINALLY after fixing the error it was getting while trying to open the access log file, only to find out rewrites are a little bit different than apache and are EXTREMELY tempermental :-( I do have to change my entire rewrite file, but atleast it works :-/

OKAY LAST EDIT THIS IS IMPORTANT
all of my rewrites past the 47th rewrite do not work
I don't know if this is a bug or a limit. I can be more conservative for now, but i really hope this gets resolved!

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Would you mind giving an example about the subtle differences? Does it relate to "RewriteBase"? We'd like to fine tune the rewrite engine compatible with Apach's as much as we can. Thank you.

Please download the latest 2.0RC2 release, a rewrite bug in 2.0RC1 has been fixed.

Please let me know the result.

Thanks,
George Wang

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
2.0RC2 package has been updated, please download it again.

Your original Apache rewrite rule should works fine with LiteSpeed now, please change rules back, sorry about the trouble.

Couple suggestions to improve the rewrite efficience:
If possible, add rewrite rules to virtual host configuration instead of being inside a .htaccess file.
To append "[L]" flag to the end of each rewrite rule to save some time on unnecessary rule matching.
To reorder your rules based on request volume.

There is no limit on URL rewrite, please let me it works or not.

Best regards,
George Wang

okay cool, I'll upgrade immediately. Thanks for fixing the problem, you guys work fast!!!

I'll also fix up my rewrite, those are some great suggestions....

Thank you once again for your support!