LS 5.0 and Gzip issues

wanah

Hello,

One of our customers complained that his css files were taking 5 seconds to load.

I switched back to LS 4.2 and the issue went away no more 5 second wait time for css files.

We are using build 8 of LS 5.0

It seems that there is a size calculation issue with a larger size being sent to the browser that the actual download size. As the wait corresponds almost exactly to to keep alive.

The files aren't gzipped by PHP only by litespeed.

The file names don't end with .css but with for example :

http://domain.tld/?css=standard_css/filename.v.1273852324

This is the standard method for Expression Engine CSS files.

wanah

No, same issue with the following two files :

/?css=standard_css/reset.v.1273852324
/?css=standard_css/custom.v.1283270637

They had respectivly 5.06 and 5.07 seconds to recieve.

With litespeed 4.2.23 they take once cache emptied they take respectivly 189 and 180ms

wanah

Also, is there a reason why Pong doesn't have a Litespeed Staff status, it's a bit confusing giving information by PM to a forum Member.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Added LiteSpeed staff status to Pong. :)

Does it happen to specific browser, like safari? or all browser has this problem? is HTTP/SPDY in use? or it is just regular HTTP connection?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Can you turn on debug logging, and make a request to reproduce the bug, then send the log file to bug@litespeed... ?
we need to know what exactly happened.

justme

As far as I can tell it's not on 5.0.1 standard, thanks for hinting me to gzip though, turning it off is a relief! Let's wait for 5.0.2 :)

wanah

We haven't got an issue with gzip on any sites we host with 5.0.1. You might want to turn on full logging like we did and sublit your logs for viewing that page to bugs@litespeedt…