LiteSpeed and hhvm

Michael

Staff member
Hi Redstrike,

HHVM-LSAPI integration is on our road map. It is not something we are currently working on, but we plan to start work on it in the upcoming months. You're not the only user who has expressed interest, so we know it's something people want. We're looking forward to getting into it.

Cheers,

Michael

redstrike

Hi Michael,

I also have some interest in Go. Could I config LiteSpeed to run with Go web app? Or I have to use Go's HTTP lib without Web Server?

Thanks.

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Not really sure. We've never been asked this before. If Go uses FCGI or HTTP, you could configure it as a backend external application. If not, then we're not so sure...

Cheers,

Michael

redstrike

Golang is a great programming language, which has nice simple syntax and very high performance compare to C, C++. Although, Go has it own HTTP lib but I think it cannot compare to a full-stack web server like LiteSpeed. I see a lot of developers and companies is switching to Go for their critical backend services, Golang can be used for developing web app too.

I think LiteSpeed team should learn more about Golang, and at least publish some articles about get Go web app to works in conjunction with with openlitespeed. This can help promo other LiteSpeed products in a different way.

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Thanks for the heads up! We will definitely take this into consideration. It's really going to depend on how much demand and usage we see. At the moment, we have other features in development that seem to affect more people, but we'll keep our eyes out for Go and may consider doing more with it in the future.

Cheers,

Michael