Licensing Issues

Hi, I've been using free edition Litespeed on one of my client's production server and overall ratings -- very good

I think it's time to recommend my client to buy an Enterprise license, but before I proceed I need to confirm few issues regarding the licensing :

1. The purchased license is tie with company name, public IP or domain name?

2. If I migrate to new server, can I still continue to use the license for my Litespeed?

3. My company is a software development company, if I purchased a license (under my company), can I install it at my client new production server for them to test before they decide to buy the license or not?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
The License is tied with server hardware signature. IP, domain change does not matter.
You can migrate the license to a new server, one license usually can only be used on one server. three day of overlap is allowed during migration.

For testing purpose, just apply our free trial, each server can use trial license upto 30 day. It is the easiest way.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
You can apply as many trial keys as you want. Our license server will track and allow using trial key for max 30 days for each server.

The License is tied with server hardware signature. IP, domain change does not matter.
You can migrate the license to a new server, one license usually can only be used on one server. three day of overlap is allowed during migration.

For testing purpose, just apply our free trial, each server can use trial license upto 30 day. It is the easiest way.
Thanks a lot!