Installation Service Question

azn_romeo_4u

LSWS installation + configuration optimization

So you will install and configure everyhing base on what? Are the configurations actually going to help a website or will you do some type of default config and let the user try to optimize base on his server?

Also, if i do the 15 day free trial, and I upgrade to enterprise, do I have to uninstall the trial and do a full reinstall?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
We will optimize the configuration based on your web application and server load.

You do not need to uninstall and reinstall the server when you get the enterprise license, just do a regular update.

azn_romeo_4u

Is the installation and optmize process for the enterprise edition or for the free trial?

Also how hard is to install the application? I looked through the installation guide and it looks straightforward, but still looks pretty tough for a beginner like myself.

Like if you screw up, is it gonna bring down your entire server?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Installation service is not associated with any edition or license, you can even use it to install standard edition.

You will try LSWS on an different port, so it will not affect your current installation or cause any service down time.

anewday

Can you also make cpanel use litespeed's raw domain logs for awstats/webalizer in cpanel? I don't think I saw a tutorial on how to accomplsh this. Also, apache by default keeps the raw logs in /usr/local/apche/domlogs by default, is it possible to make litespeed write to those existing files so it doesn't have to create a new file, thus keep stats.

Last edited:

anewday

Good, and does the installation cover installation of PHP LiteSpeed SAPI, eaccelerator, and mod_security? I think good to include more specifcs on the Store. :)

Thanks for answering my questions.

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
A custom build PHP and opcode cache are included with the installation.
You need to find the mod_security ruleset you want to use. If it is configured with Apache, it will work with LSWS without problem.

azn_romeo_4u

sorry i couldn't find the answers to these

# Anti-DDoS: Throttling & Connection Accounting
# System overloading prevention

What does that mean? Is there some kind of biuld in program to block DDos attacks?