Index Issue

Ok, so maybe its me getting used to Litespeed, but i am having problems setting the index file.

I currently have it set to index.php, and nothing else.

I have an index.php file in my html/ directory but when i browse to www.domain.com it does not display the default index. It will only display the page when i go to www.domain.com/index.php

Any ideas?

Cheers

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Sorry for the late reply, did not notice this earilier.

Which level of index configuration is set at? Server or virtual host? What is the value of "use server setting" at virtual host level?

I believe the index page will work properly if you set those configurations properly.

Best regards,
George

index.php

Greetings...

I have manged to install Litespeed and have gotten it to work with mysql. I ended up having to get the mysql.defaut_socket setting out of my.cnf and adding it to the php.ini

All seems to be working quite well.

I am interested in speeding up a learning management system on a server that is working too hard. The next step will be to install the two servers side by side and check page load times.

I seem to be unable to get the index.php as the index file. I have index.php in the server -> general -> general settings. I also added index.php everywhere I could find the index file option like in virtual hosts.

I am doing something wrong here.

http://myserver/moodle gives an error.

http://myserver/moodle/index.php works.

Got any suggestions?

Regards... Tom

index.php

George...

I tried the trailing slash, and it still does not snag the index.php file. I had a comma separated list with index.html in there too, but for testing purposes, I took out everthing _but_ index.php, and it is still not finding it.

I copied the phpinfo.php to index.php, and reloaded. It loads index.html even when I reload and disable cache.

I am doing something wrong here.

I appreciate your responding so quickly.

edit- I rebooted the server and it now works

Something in my process was faulty, but it is working, and I appreciate the help. -edit

Regards... Tom

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
What you need probably is just a lsws restart from command line, there is a bug in 2.0RC4 which cause the "restart", "reload" stop functioning once you reload the configuration file from the web admin interface, it will be fixed soon in next release. In the mean time, just use "restart" to apply your changes from the web interface. :)