Frontpage & Apache on Port 79

Hi, I'm currently evaluating Litespeed and have it set up on several cPanel servers running CloudLinux.

I have Apache running on port 79 and Litespeed on port 80 for SSI compatibility. Under this set up Frontpage extensions are not working at all nor can they even be set up through cPanel.

Attempts to install them in cPanel give the following error:

Saving .htaccess file: /home/username/public_html/.htaccess
Error: 'domain.com:79' server is not a valid virtual server.

I have Frontpage extensions enabled in Litespeed's configuration and have also run the commands in http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:apache:cpanel but that doesn't actually seem to change the ownership/permissions of the service.pwd file and manually changing it for each user doesn't help to solve the problem either.

I noticed that I can install FP extensions through cPanel if Apache is completely disabled and Litespeed is running on 80. Will FP extensions not work with Apache running on port 79?

Can anyone shed any light on this? I have a handful of customers using both Frontpage and SSI so getting both working is crucial to switching to Litespeed.

webizen

Hi, I'm currently evaluating Litespeed and have it set up on several cPanel servers running CloudLinux.

I have Apache running on port 79 and Litespeed on port 80 for SSI compatibility. Under this set up Frontpage extensions are not working at all nor can they even be set up through cPanel.

Attempts to install them in cPanel give the following error:

Saving .htaccess file: /home/username/public_html/.htaccess
Error: 'domain.com:79' server is not a valid virtual server.

I have Frontpage extensions enabled in Litespeed's configuration and have also run the commands in http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:apache:cpanel but that doesn't actually seem to change the ownership/permissions of the service.pwd file and manually changing it for each user doesn't help to solve the problem either.

I noticed that I can install FP extensions through cPanel if Apache is completely disabled and Litespeed is running on 80. Will FP extensions not work with Apache running on port 79?
pls test it with Apache running on port 80. then switch LSWS to port 80. port 80 requirement is from Frontpage.

It works on port 80. I'm just wondering if it's possible to have Litespeed on 80, Apache on 79 for SSI, and still have Frontpage working?

Frontpage works only when Litespeed is running or only when Apache is running, but not both.

The problem is when I modify Apache's port to 79 in Tweak Settings in cPanel and set Litespeed's offset to 1, then Frontpage extensions no longer work. Users cannot connect and the extensions cannot be installed. The error message I gave in my first post is given when trying to install them in this scenario.