failed to find flength, ffmpeg-php not compatible with LiteSpeed?

furimedia

Hi

I used to have a working ffmpeg-php with APACHE2 but with Litespeed I am having no luck.

Well everything works its just that it can't get the file length of the movie hence the:

"failed to find flength" error

This prevents me from seeing the progress bar during the upload process.

Anyone able to get phpmotion/vshare working on their litespeed (meaning no more failed to find flength errors)?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
upload progress bar will not work with LSWS 3.x as LSWS buffers the request body.
We will work on a upload progress bar solution after the SSI feature is ready in 4.0 release.

felosi

We are working on the SSI implementation, the support for upload progress bar may be in the beta3. beta2 is due in next week.
that will be nice. I didnt know that used ssi though, thought it used perl but I guess it makes sense now why it didnt work. We tried to use it on supernovatube before and had to just use litespeed for video backend. When this is fixed will be able to use litespeed for everything or at least try it

This may be a deal breaker for me as well, I just bought a license recently but now discovered the upload bar isn't compatable so I might request a refund until this is implemented.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Our SSI implementation is almost ready, we will try to address the upload progress bar issue soon.

And, yes, if you need to request refund just contact our sales.

Thanks, I got to thinking, I might be able to just run Apache on another port in the mean time. Then just change a few lines of code in the script to use that port for the uploading part. This should provide the performace of LiteSpeed and compatibility of Apache with the script.

Actually now that I think of it though, we host quite a few Clip Share sites that would end up broken if we moved our machines over to LiteSpeed. My personal machine is one thing, but I'm afaid we'd have to hold off until this is fixed before switching servers that clients are on. Any ETA on the fix?

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
We decided to avoid cache the request body for file uploads in 4.0 release, it will work with all upload progress bars.
Our original plan with SSI implementation is very hard to make it compatible with different upload progress bars.

IrPr

We decided to avoid cache the request body for file uploads in 4.0 release, it will work with all upload progress bars.
Our original plan with SSI implementation is very hard to make it compatible with different upload progress bars.
Thanks for details
any way to disable request body cache temporary ? or permanently either in next minor release?

No reply...? I really need to know how long this will take. My sites are not working properly and my customers are getting angry... Please give me a rough idea when 4.1 will be released...