Exceeding the maximum dynamic response body size?

Heya, folks.

I have a bit of a conundrum on my hands. I have a PHP script that legitimately produces more than 1 GB of output. However, LiteSpeed doesn't appear to allow the maximum dynamic response body size to be increased to any value larger than 1 GB. Is there any way to get around this?

(I'm afraid that splitting the output into several files and/or using a header redirect isn't feasible for legacy reasons - I need this script to genuinely be able to spit out more than 1 GB of data. I was able to do this under Apache, but under LiteSpeed I'm hitting a wall.)

Thanks,

- Dave.

Interesting. I'm not sure that's going to work, though. The file that's generated lands outside the document root, and - again, for irritating legacy reasons - this can't readily be changed. I'll see if I can work something out; while we're on the subject, what sort of timeframe might we be looking at to see an update that increases the cap?

Last edited:

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Just create a static context or use "Alias" directive in Apache httpd.conf to make the file accessible.
we can put the change in 4.0.4 release. the next build could have the change.

Firstly, thanks for the tips - I was able to get it working with a combination of an internal redirect to an alias within the document root, and a mod_rewrite rule denying access to any request that didn't originate from an internal redirect.

One further question, though: are downloads via internal redirects resumable? My testing returned mixed results, but I may be doing it wrong.