Disable gzip for certain files (globally)?

ffeingol

Is there any way to disable gzip for certain file names (globally)? The latest version of WordPress (2.8) creates stylesheets like this:

Code:
link href='style' href='http://blah.com/wp-admin/load-styles.php?c=1&dir=ltr&load=dashboard,plugin-install,global,wp-admin&ver=abcdefghi'
The output is getting gzipped so the dashboard does not load right.

I found this code:

Code:
RewriteRule . - [E=no-gzip:1]
In another post, but we can't have every client adding this for every wordpress install.

We're also still running 3.x on this particular server.

TIA

brrr

Out of curiosity, how did you end up specifying the compressible type in this instance?

It doesn't look like the Wordpress thing ends in CSS, so I would have thought a rule like !text/css as per mistwangs reference wouldn't have worked.

Hi, i'm just using litespeed and upgrade to wp2.8.1, and i have the same problems, i added !text/css, !text/js, !text/javascript to compressible type but my dashboard still not load right. No formating panel and i cant switch from HTML/Visual.

ffeingol

We actually tracked the issue down to the way that Fantastico installs the db. There is an optino that gets set 'wrong'. Here is the fix:

- You'll need to go into the wp_options table
- search for a row where the option_name = 'can_compress_scripts'

The option_value for that row will be a 1 (one). You can either delete the row or just update it and set to to 0 (zero).

That should fix you up if it's a Fantastico install. We worked with Netenberg and now they don't even insert this row. The first time you log as admin it will properly set the value.

ffeingol

@mistwang,

At least with Fantastcio it was a double compression issue. Because they were 'setting' the value rather than letting WP check it. Basically WP was doing the content compression and then LSWS was doing it a second time.

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
4.0.5 should have addressed that.
I might be wrong, from the bug report I got, it relates to "Content-Encoding: UTF-8" header set by PHP. LSWS wont double compress response body.

We actually tracked the issue down to the way that Fantastico installs the db. There is an optino that gets set 'wrong'. Here is the fix:

- You'll need to go into the wp_options table
- search for a row where the option_name = 'can_compress_scripts'

The option_value for that row will be a 1 (one). You can either delete the row or just update it and set to to 0 (zero).

That should fix you up if it's a Fantastico install. We worked with Netenberg and now they don't even insert this row. The first time you log as admin it will properly set the value.
Checked, the value option is 0 (zero), cleared cache but no luck. :(

ffeingol

The problem (for us at least) was that Fantastico was not letting WordPress actually run it's test, they were just building the database with the values from their server. I hope that makes sense.

IrPr

There is something wrong with LSWS 4.0.7 and Wordpress

Today i upgraded all my servers to latest 4.0.7 version and suddenly all WP hosts admin ajax features had been broken

I found that on LSWS 4.0.7, load-scripts.php which loads all ajax needed JS scripts is not loaded completely, so no any ajax features are available
while when i switch back to 4.0.6 the load-script.php will response completely

When i tried to disable gzip using RewriteRule, it will fix
but i have to do that for every WP host manually

So i forced to switch back all my servers to 4.0.7

Whats wrong with 4.0.7 exactly?