Could not chown to lsadm:{PHP_USRGROUP}

MentaL

Having issues installing Litespeed on a new third party server. I get the following;

*ERROR** Could not chown to lsadm:{PHP_USRGROUP} for direcotry /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.6.4

Code:
cd /usr/local/lsws//fcgi-bin
ln -sf lsphp-5.6.4 lsphp5
chown: invalid group: `lsadm:{PHP_USRGROUP}'
**ERROR** Could not chown to lsadm:{PHP_USRGROUP} for direcotry /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.6.4
Help = appreciated.

NiteWave

Administrator
CentOS should be ok since it's the major target OS.
how did you install lsws on this server ? install.sh ? to ensure to be root user fist before do installation.

MentaL

Im just trying to compile php via the admin panel, quite odd. Never had this happen on any of my servers. Installation was set by root.

NiteWave

Administrator
I can reproduce this issue on latest lsws 4.2.20, and ok for 4.2.19

it's because of change of
Code:
/usr/local/lsws/admin>diff html.4.2.19/utility/build_php/build_install.template html.4.2.20/utility/build_php/build_install.template
6a7
> #       PHP_USRGROUP = {PHP_USRGROUP}
103,104c104,105
<    chown -R {PHP_USR}:{PHP_USR} {PHP_BUILD_DIR}/php-{PHP_VERSION}
<    check_errs $? "Could not chown to {PHP_USR} for direcotry {PHP_BUILD_DIR}/php-{PHP_VERSION}"
---
>    chown -R {PHP_USR}:{PHP_USRGROUP} {PHP_BUILD_DIR}/php-{PHP_VERSION}
>    check_errs $? "Could not chown to {PHP_USR}:{PHP_USRGROUP} for direcotry {PHP_BUILD_DIR}/php-{PHP_VERSION}"
please wait a moment ... I think our developer will investigate the issue soon.

MentaL

Figured something was wrong that was out of my control. Glad you troubleshoot the problem so quick. I await a patch :)

Hello
yes i have same problem....

chown: invalid group: `lsadm:{PHP_USRGROUP}'
**ERROR** Could not chown to lsadm:{PHP_USRGROUP} for direcotry /usr/local/lsws/phpbuild/php-5.4.36

How to reduce Version download when install LS plugin in Directadmin??