Configuring additional suexec suffixes

LSUser12

In http://blog.litespeedtech.com/2013/04/19/setting-up-multiple-php-versions/ ... which is now approaching 2 years old, it mentions "LiteSpeed PHP with suEXEC currently only accepts the following suffixes (and the corresponding MIME types): php, php4, php5, php52, php53, phtml, php54, fastphp."

For web hosts which want to offer multiple version of the major releases of PHP, this makes that essentially impossible. We can't have an option for PHP 5.4.20 and an option for PHP 5.4.4 (as an example).

In addition to that, you guys allow more MIME types than just those (like php56).

It would be seriously helpful if you could us to modify this list of allowed suffixes, or set it up to allow things like phpXXXX instead of just the small number of available options.

Is there any solution to this limitation, or does that old blog post remain accurate?

Michael

Staff member
Howdy,

Unfortunately, we do not have a customizable list for supporting many MIME types at the moment. That blog post is still correct. We will consider adding this in the future. For now, the best workaround would be to use the php5 suffix for one 5.4 build and the php54 suffix for another build. I recognize, though, that that limits the number of builds.

Sincerely,

Michael

LSUser12

Well the issue is if you want to do that for multiple versions of each release. That might work if you only offered PHP 5.4, but for a company that offers 5.2 - 5.6 that's not viable.

Michael

Staff member
Understood. I can see that the number of builds you can make is severely limited. We will consider making this customizable in the future. Just for reference, how many builds do you use?

Also, I've updated the wiki on multiple PHPs to include all suffixes supported: https://www.litespeedtech.com/suppo...unning-multiple-versions-with-a-control-panel In addition to the ones in the blog post, "php56" and "php6" are available.

m