Any benefit of moving from Free Standard to VPS Enterprise?

I run a small, low-trafficked, vBulletin forum (with vBSEO plugin). It is on a VPS, and the load is always at, or very close to, 0.0. I'm running the free Standard version of Litespeed.

What performance improvement, if any, could I gain by moving to the Enterprise edition (VPS Enterprise, $14/mo)?

Could I realistically expect to see any noticeable, or at least measurable, improvement in response time?

NiteWave

Administrator
in this case, standard version is enough, there shouldn't be any difference comparing with VPS edition.

standard version has max 150 concurrent connections limit, if your site is not busy and not exceed this limit, that's really no technical difference than VPS edition.

2-CPU or above, litespeed page cache is available, that'll be some noticeable difference on busy sites. but for low traffic site, I don't think there'll be much difference.

Hi NiteWave, and thanks for the prompt reply.

According to the feature comparison page /litespeed-web-server-editions.html, the Performance of the Standard = Good and the Enterprise = Optimized. I would like to find out specifically about what difference(s) this refers to.

For example, could I expect my server to respond, or my pages to load, 50 milliseconds faster running Enterprise vs Standard? If yes, then specifically why?

webizen

Standard edition is good for small traffic site as Nitewave pointed out. Plus, Std edition is NOT suitable for shared hosting environment (WHM/cPanel or the like). You have to create LSWS native vhosts instead of import vhost httpd.conf from Apache.

You can benchmark Std and Ent edition with tool like ab within the limit (150 connections) to see difference.