503 error

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
looks like a php problem, please check your stderr.log and error.log.
Have you upgrade PHP binary? or just upgrade to 3.1.1, will downgrade fix that problem?

alex

I agree it sounds like a PHP problem stderr.log is showing:
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x0000000000cc5bd0 ***

I'm considering upgrading the PHP to the 5 series

Any idea how to track down where this is coming from:

Not a JPEG file: starts with 0xd0 0xcf
Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x50 0x4b
Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x50 0x61

I am seeing a ton of them in stderr.log but no information to track down where it might be coming from

alex

Well that didn't help, upgraded to 5.2.2 and still seeing the 503 errors.
I stopped LSWS and deleted my stderr.log just to clean it up a bit. It made a new one when I restarted but it's blank. Any thoughts?

Also found this in the regular error log:
[ERROR] execle() failed with errno=2, when try to start Fast CGI application: /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
Maybe a required module is missing in the PHP binary?
Please check the directory where the php scripts are, see if there is any core file.
errno=2 means "No such file or directory"

alex

I am seeing core files, not a lot of them but a few, here's what's strange, they are all 0 bytes
Usually when I see core files they are quite large.

I am not seeing that hard error anymore when I restart Litespeed so I think it may have been when I was moving stuff around

alex

Any idea why stderr.log seems to have stopped working? I guess it's possible there are no errors, just finding that hard to believe with all the issues

mistwang

LiteSpeed Staff
There is no error messages dumped to stderr.log by the PHP engine. When PHP crashes, it is not likely to dump any error to stderr.log.
You can remove those core file, then try to access the problem URL, see if there are new core files get created. If yes, try "gdb <path_to_lsphp> <core_file>" then "bt", to dump the call stacks.

503 error for LiteSpeed server at fanfiction.net

I am not a tech-savvy person....but fanfiction.net is down due to the following
message...

503 Service Unavailable
The server is temporarily busy, try again later!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------