503 Error / libgcc_s.so.1 Error

Hello,

on a CentOS 6 amd64 setup (latest free LSWS version) I'm receiving a 503 for each PHP request and the following entries are in stderr:

Code:
2012-08-21 20:02:14.216 [STDERR] libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
Of course I then checked for libgcc, but it's installed (32bit and 64bit libs)
Code:
[root@wp logs]# find / -name libgcc_s.so.1
/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
/lib64/libgcc_s.so.1

[root@wp logs]# rpm -qa | grep libgcc
libgcc-4.4.6-4.el6.i686
libgcc-4.4.6-4.el6.x86_64
When using lsphp5 directly, it's working fine. This is a small script echoing "Success".
Code:
[root@wp logs]# ls -l /usr/bin/php
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Aug 21 19:23 /usr/bin/php -> /usr/local/lsws/fcgi-bin/lsphp5
[root@wp logs]# php /var/www/index.php
Success
[root@wp logs]#
While LiteSpeed throws a 503 for the same script:
Code:
[root@wp logs]# curl -i localhost
HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable
Server: nginx
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 16:26:05 GMT
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 400
Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: private, no-cache, max-age=0
Pragma: no-cache

<html>
<head><title> 503 Service Unavailable
</title></head>
<body><h1> 503 Service Unavailable
</h1>
The server is temporarily busy, try again later!<hr />
Powered By <a href='http://www.litespeedtech.com'>LiteSpeed Web Server</a><br />
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=-1>LiteSpeed Technologies is not responsible for administration and contents of this web site!</font></body></html>
Any idea how to fix this libgcc/503 issue, even though the libs are installed to the correct places?

Last edited:
I've fixed this by increasing the memory limits for LSAPI from the default limits to 500MB. But how is that possible? There is no way LSAPI would need more than 250MB (default limit) for such a simple script? Never had such an issue before and I'm using LiteSpeed since a few years.

webizen

I've fixed this by increasing the memory limits for LSAPI from the default limits to 500MB. But how is that possible? There is no way LSAPI would need more than 250MB (default limit) for such a simple script? Never had such an issue before and I'm using LiteSpeed since a few years.
you may have other modules/extensions in php such as apc or xcache, etc require memory allocation.

Yes, I have eAccelerator running, but only with 32MB memory allocation. I've setup LiteSpeed, PHP and eAccelerator many many times exactly the same way before and never had this issue. Apart from that, I've had tried it with commenting out eAccelerator from php.ini with the same result. ;)

webizen

what's the memory_limit in php.ini used by lsphp5? memory limit in lsphp5 external app needs to be bigger than the sum of memory_limit in php.ini and memory allocated to opcode cache.