0 cache hits issue

I have a cluster lsws w/ load balancer - domains are working, LB working, etc.

My web roots and cache are on a shared file system accessible to both hosts and replicating fine though for now each LSWS has to be configured separately.

I can't seem to get any cache hits on any of the hosts, not the default or my vhosts even with the folder owned by nobody:nobody, chmod 700 and enabled in the host configs, cache policy enabled, etc.

I was able to get it working on the prior test setup using the same settings, not sure what the issue could be.

Though the cache folder is there, no folders are being created in it. Is there a log I can view to debug the issue?

NiteWave

Administrator
you can create a phpinfo page, and cache for that page only, see if cache is working or not.
the rewrite rule in .htaccess can be:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule phpinfo.php - [L, E=Cache-Control:max-age=600]

I still get 0 cache hits on the test info.php page w/ htaccess rule.

This is really driving me nuts, everything is setup correctly from what I can see and I HAVE had it working on the prior system.

I'm really not sure what to do but this is a killer for us, we need this working.

This just gets weirder. The test domain has WP on it, deactivated W3 Total Cache after someone enabled it, this resulted in 1 cache hit being recorded immediately but that's it - just 1.

Site headers show this:
Cache-Control no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0
Cache-Control public, max-age=172800
Connection Keep-Alive
Content-Encoding gzip
Content-Type text/html; charset=UTF-8
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 19:33:11 GMT
Expires Sat, 07 Feb 2015 19:33:11 GMT
Expires Wed, 11 Jan 1984 05:00:00 GMT
Keep-Alive timeout=5, max=100
Link; rel=shortlink" style="border: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 1px 4px 1px 0px; text-shadow: none; vertical-align: top; visibility: visible; max-width: 400px; text-overflow: ellipsis; overflow-x: hidden; width: 392px; background: none transparent;">; rel=shortlink
Pragma no-cache
Server LiteSpeed
Transfer-Encoding chunked
Vary Accept-Encoding

I'm currently testing direct against only 1 node, took the cluster out of the equation for now.

NiteWave

Administrator
to simplify cache test, don't install wordpress, focus on phpinfo.php
you can PM me the test node's access( :7080 may be enough at first)

I also performed the same test on a php based, non WP site on the server - same thing though 0 cache hits showing.

I'm starting to wonder if the server is using MMAP to serve the files and just isn't getting to the point where it swaps to the disk cache.

PM sent on the admin access.

NiteWave

Administrator
cache and cache hits are working as expected --- after fixing various configuration issues. no special.
it's a bit tricky to make cache work correctly, especially for users without much of apache experience.