Issues when compiling PHP4 with LSAPI

Hi: I am trying to add support for oracle. When I try to compile (http://www.litespeedtech.com/support/wiki/doku.php?id=litespeed_wiki:php:lsapi), I am having trouble running buildconf (Step 4).

bash-2.05$ ./buildconf --force
Forcing buildconf
using default Zend directory
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: autoconf version 2.60 (ok)
buildconf: Your version of autoconf likely contains buggy cache code.
Running cvsclean for you.
To avoid this, install autoconf-2.13.
make: Fatal error in reader: build/build2.mk, line 31: Badly formed macro assignment
Current working directory /export/home/rawlog/php-5.1.4
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
make -s -f build/build2.mk
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Any ideas?
Thanks
Ravi

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
What platform are you on?

Make sure you are using a clean version of PHP source. Do not use a php source directory that you have done previous compilations in to avoid any kind of problems.

It looks a problem on your end as the error doesn't touch our code.

What platform are you on?

Make sure you are using a clean version of PHP source. Do not use a php source directory that you have done previous compilations in to avoid any kind of problems.

It looks a problem on your end as the error doesn't touch our code.
I am following the exact steps outlined in the wiki.
I downloaded and untarred php-5.1.4.tar.gz using -> wget http://us3.php.net/get/php-5.1.4.tar.gz/from/us2.php.net/mirror. Then downloaded php-litespeed-2.4.tar to $HOME/php-5.1.4/sapi/.

The litespeed application is in $HOME/lsws

Thanks
Ravi

xing

LiteSpeed Staff
Ravi,

What I meant was there is a problem with the compiler tools on your system. The error is happening to a source code that is part of the PHP package, not LiteSpeed.

Our wiki is designed to work on almost all unix based systems but we cannot control the version of tools used on different oses. Some os distributions contains too "new" or too "old" compiler tools that break the process.

Try to compile something with your PHP code, minus LiteSpeed module and see if that works.

Just do "../configure" and "make all". See if those 2 work.