LiteSpeed Technologies, Inc. has released LiteSpeed Web Server 3.3.5
LiteSpeed Web Server is the leading high-performance, high-scalability web server, featuring Apache interchangeability. When serving static content, LiteSpeed surpasses well-respected content accelerators including thttpd, boa and TUX. When it comes to dynamic content, LiteSpeed is more than 50% faster in PHP content delivery than Apache with mod_php.
This is a minor feature enhancement release which includes:
- A dedicate security audit log compatible with csf has been added
- Add an option in web console to explicitly enabled frontpage extension.
- Support for H-Sphere mod_psoft_traffic log file has been added.
- Improved Apache compatibilities with 'Include' and 'DirectoryIndex' directives.
- Apache custom access log format has fully supported.
- A resource limit problem for PHP suEXEC has been fixed.
ATTENTION: if Process soft/hard limit for lsphp external app are less than 50, you should increase it.
- Minor improvements in web GUI.
- Improvements in reducing server load during server startup.
Customer using a previous version of LiteSpeed Web Server is highly recommended to upgrade to this release.
About LiteSpeed Technologies, Inc.
Based in New Jersey, LiteSpeed Technologies is a U.S. company dedicated to software technologies that enable faster Internet content delivery and infrastructure cost reduction for large websites, service providers, and enterprise datacenters.
LiteSpeed Web Server, the company's flagship product, is quickly becoming the industry leader of the web server market in terms of performance, scalability and security. LiteSpeed Web Server has been successfully deployed on many mega-scale web properties, including WordPress.com.
LiteSpeed Web Server is the only full-featured, optimized web server that is interchangeable with Apache. LiteSpeed Web Server seamlessly integrates with web hosting software including popular control panels.